Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Need to Know

I've been aware of it for quite some time, but recently it seems to be settling even deeper into my being. And I'm accepting it more -- feeling more at peace about it.

I'm on a need-to-know basis with my life.

Just when I think I have something figured out, or know a direction I want to explore, life has a way of rearranging things. Not yet, it often says, in myriad ways. Take RVing, for instance. The internal momentum around that has built up and receded so many times that it makes my head spin. Now it's back in the form of tremendous longing for freedom and movement. But that energy comes right along with reminders about how much I love living in Maine and the sense of community I feel here.

Just last night I had dinner with a Meetup group and felt a strong sense of ease, kinship and belonging. This is nice, I thought. Then, this morning, I read a blog by some fulltimers who are considering becoming anytimers -- having a home base and an RV so they can take off anytime they want.

That thought has been more and more present lately. It feels like anytiming may be the best of both worlds, at least for now.

Who knows. After being in my current home for almost two years, maybe I'll decide to unpack completely and stay awhile.

And get a second home on wheels so I can take off anytime inspiration strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment